Tuesday 19 June 2007

The Office

Now I'm back working in the office, normal 0900-1800 working hours. The first day was spent heading to the research centre in the morning to get a briefing on how to use the improved transcribing software. The first thing that came to my mind when the window opens: "Waaaa... so many buttons~" Hahaha, yup! Compared with the software that we used last year, this one's interface is filled with more & more buttons. But we didn't actually have to touch all of them except a few essential ones, so it's just a matter of getting used to staring at the window full of buttons, lol... The rest of the day and today were then spent on getting familiarized with the new interface and functions. My progress has been very slow so far, also due to some technical problems... but all is well now so tomorrow I'll be able to go full speed, ohohohohoo..... XD

Mainly in this entry, I'd like to share with you a music video that my sister showed me last week...or was it 2 weeks ago, hehehe... The song's titled "I Eat Cannibals". I find the lyrics sooooo funny, that I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed for quite some time!!! The melody kinda got stuck in my head for a few days too, though, lol... So here's the video that my sis found (watch the video to also see the lyrics):



Then I found the original MV for this song. It's actually performed by Total Coelo, a British new wave vocal group formed in the 1980s. The hit single "I Eat Cannibals Part 1" actually reached the Top Ten in UK back then =O Check out the original MV:



Somehow the first video is more entertaining, I think... maybe because of all the colourful dancers, haha... And after a closer observation, there's another funny thing about this song - if the woman's actually so attracted to the guy that she wants to eat him, won't that make her the cannibal here? Then, shouldn't the title be something like "I am a Cannibal" instead? Hmmmm... =/

No comments: